TAS wants to hear from Practitioners at the 2019 Tax Forums – Join our Focus Groups
Each year, the IRS sponsors the Nationwide Tax Forums, a three-day series of tax education and networking conferences for tax professionals in cities around the country.
Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) holds focus groups at the forums because it is interested in tax practitioners’ thoughts, experiences, and ideas about tax administration. This year TAS wants to talk about IRS notices. The three TAS focus group Notices Topics include:
- Collection Due Process Notices – Understanding Procedures and Deadlines
- Math Error Notices – Understanding and Taxpayer Burden
- Statutory Notices of Deficiency – Exercising Your Rights
Some of the areas we will explore include:
- Understanding notice content and required actions;
- Difficulty experienced in responding to notices;
- Consequences of inaction;
- Rights of the taxpayers; and
- Reviewing notices for design and clarity.
TAS will hold the focus groups during the lunch break so you will not miss any continuing education credits. To sign up and attend the focus groups, please look for the TAS recruiters at the focus group booth near the registration area at the forums. SPACE IS LIMITED, so sign up early.
TAS also conducts educational seminars during the forums and you can find those topics here. So don’t forget to register for the forums and while you are there, we would love to hear your thoughts on IRS notices, so please look for the TAS folks and sign up. Your voice is important!
2019 Tax Forum Dates
||Hyatt Regency Chicago
||Hyatt Regency New Orleans
||Hyatt Regency Orlando
||Town & Country